Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Birthday Fun




















On October 15, Elora turned three years old and on October 16, Draven turned five years old. This year, I provided the sprinkles and candles but gave them full rein on how they each wanted their cake decorated. It was so much fun watching their creativity come through! However, I had to continually help Elora stay focused with more "decorating" on the frosting and less "eating" of the frosting. By the end of the decorating fun, I only had to touch up a few bare spots with new frosting. :)

Although it worked very well to combine Draven and Elora's birthday for the family to come over; I have decided that it is the last year I will combine their birthday parties! Seeing that they both now not only attend preschool at their daycare center, but also at the Christian-based, SmallFry Preschool, you can only imagine what it is like to pick through FOUR classes of kids to make one birthday party! I noticed though how much easier and more convenient it seemed for parents of Draven's classmates to hold a birthday party at the swimming pool, so I wanted to give it a try. However, it was not until it was time to get out of the pool that I realized how the "easy" part referred to the older children in Draven's class. While most parents just dropped off their child to the birthday party, it became rather difficult to get 10 three and four year olds showered, dry, dressed, and out of the lockerroom all at the same time for cake. Thank goodness for the two mothers that stayed for the party; otherwise, I would have been one completely wet mom and a full-of-stress wreck! To top it off, when it came time for cake and presents, the older children towered the younger ones and easily (although accidently) knocked them down or pushed them out of the way. I felt overwhelmed as I continually tried to keep the children focused and out of mischief, in addition to making sure the party moved along as planned. In the end, I was more than happy to send all the darling children with their parents. And although I was complimented as to how well I kept it together and how the party was a success, next year, I choose to have two controlled parties over one chaotic party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home