Friday, June 16, 2006

Curiosity


Last night, Draven was sitting quietly on the couch eating goldfish just before bedtime when he looks at me with innocense and seriousness to ask, "Mommy, where does the world come from?" I was so excited to be able to remind him of the story I read to him weeks ago regarding this topic out of his Preschool Bible Stories book. It's amazing how children are so ingenuous and God is so trusting and loving to allow us, as parents, to mold them in His image. I then ask Draven, so where does the world come from? "Mommy, it comes from God!" he states with such assurance. He then asks, "But Mommy, where does the water come from?" Well God made the water too sweetie. "No Mommy, the rain clouds bring the water," he responds adamantly. Yes, Draven you are right but who made the rain clouds? "God?" Yes! "And Mommy, there is a lot of water because we drink it, our pets drink it, and all the animals outside drink it. I'm glad God lets our pets have water too."
Sigh...Out of the mouth of babes! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Silly Monkey said...

Cute story. I love how children are so innocent. Yet they can be molded, as you stated, in God's image. It's up to the parents to get it started early. I see from only reading a few posts of yours, that you are a wonderful parent. God bless you and your family.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home