Friday, March 03, 2006

Simple Happiness

The two very children that cause me to ride an emotional rollercoaster (sadness, fear, love, stress, etc.) also provide me with the most unimaginable happiness. It baffles me that no matter how many toys or entertainment we buy our children, their true happiness is priceless. A tickle-fest with Daddy or a game of hide and seek with Mommy means more than anything money could buy. It's amazing how children are satisfied by the simple things in life. If only all of us could learn from these small creatures, life would be much less complex!

Well it has been couple of weeks since I last updated you so I will do my best to summarize it. Elora's communication skills are expanding and she says new words regularly (e.g. "No hurt Mommy, it was a ancident (accident)" or "Kana n Miakye need go o-side for potty, open door - me do it!" (Kyanna, dog; Malachi, cat) or even as simple as, "Daben (Draven), come on!"). However, there are still many times I do not comprehend her toddler words. Draven is finally at an age where I can understand everything he is saying though - it's great! He is such a helpful big brother as he tries to teach Elora her colors and numbers. She now can count to five and with help; she can make it to ten. Her colors need much help because on the first guess, everything is the color green! Draven on the other hand, at preschool, is learning to better write his alphabet and numbers. In addition, Daddy introduced him to Highlights Magazine hidden pictures - he loves them!

Well although our children are not always this satisfied with the simple things (tantrums are a regular thing in our household) and I do ride an emotional rollercoaster raising them, they still provide an inconceivable amount of joy to our lives and we wouldn't have it any other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home