Monday, April 27, 2009

Life Brings

Sometimes life brings unexpected pain. You have a choice to either control the pain or let the pain control you. Sometimes life brings unexpected change and you can either accept it or fight it. Sometimes life brings unexpected choices and you can either stand strong in the choice you have made or always question if it was the right choice. Sometimes life brings happiness in the most unexpected way and you can either take hold of it or let it pass you by. Sometimes life brings unexpected confusion and you can either take the challenge to work through it or you can attempt to ignore it is there. Sometimes life offers growth in the most unexpected way and you can either grasp it, even it hurts, or watch someone else take the opportunity. Sometimes life brings wisdom in the most unexpected way and you can either absorb all that it offers or turn away from it.
Over the past four months I have learned a lot about myself and the people in my life. I have learned that love can be so blinding you do not see all that is wrong and unhealthy. I have learned that the people in life that I thought were always by my side were never really there to begin with. I have learned that the people in life I never thought cared, have been caring for me all along. I have learned that having strength is so much more than physical. I have learned that all things in life happens for a reason, whether I fully understand the reasoning or not. I have learned that no person has the right to judge and condemn the next. I have learned that my value/worth is so much more than I have been made to believe.
Many days I feel like fighting back in the same way it comes at me; many days I feel emotionally exhausted; many days I feel like giving up on this new path; many days I feel I am too weak to stand strong; many days I feel I cannot bear any more pain; many days I feel so lost and confused; many days I feel like I am all to blame; many days I feel the words are like stones being thrown to make me fall where I have been made to believe I should be...
I then remember that with the strength God provides, I can continue to stand.
No matter how painful the unexpected might bring, I must remember that I am here for a purpose and I have choices to make. With Him in mind and by my side, I choose to flourish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home